Long Beach, California-based Christian metallers OIL, featuring DARK ANGEL frontman Ron Rinehart, have parted ways with bassist Matthew Joy and are currently seeking a replacement. "Upcoming album release shows or any other concert bookings will not be affected," states a message on the band's official web site. "Our friend — and smokin' bass player — Jonathan Thiemens already knows our songs and is taking time away from his band, BLIND SACRIFICES, to fill in, so [the fans] won't be disappointed. (Jonathan is tearing it up and will shred at a standard that [the fans] would expect from OIL.)"
All bassists interested in applying for the position should possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a shredding professional with a fresh heavy style, ala KORN, DISTURBED, GODSMACK, METALLICA, etc.
- Must have professional top-of-the-line gear. No exceptions.
- Vocals, writing abilities and electronic sampling ability a huge plus.
- Must be available to rehearse three times a week.
- And most importantly, must have a dedicated relationship with Jesus Christ.
Send bios and CDs/tapes to:
PO Box 2224
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
For more information, contact Blake Nelson at email@example.com.
OIL recently issued their first-ever live album, "Choice Cuts Off The Chopping Block", through Roxx Productions. Available for order through the band's official web site, the CD was recorded primarily during the group's appearance at the First Baptist Church of Downey in Downey, California on Nov. 2, 2002.