German melodic death/thrash metallers BURDEN OF GRIEF have entered the studio to begin recording their new album, tentatively due in early 2010. Entitled "Follow The Flames", the follow-up to 2007's "Death End Road" is will contain 10 new songs. The limited-edition version of the CD will include a bonus disc featuring cover versions of the following eight metal classics:
* IRON MAIDEN - "Aces High"
* METALLICA - "The Four Horsemen"
* PANTERA - "Mouth For War"
* SEPULTURA - "Refuse/ Resist" (feat. Sabina Classen of HOLY MOSES)
* WHITESNAKE - "Fool For Your Loving"
* BLIND GUARDIAN - "Valhalla" (feat. Gerre of TANKARD)
* AC/DC - "Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be"
* THE DOORS - "Break On Through" (feat. Dan Swanö of EDGE OF SANITY)
The recordings are taking place in different studios in Germany, while the album will be mixed and mastered by Swedish producer/multi-instrumentalist Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH).
The recordings will be documented by several "studio diary videos." The second clip, which can be viewed below, contains footage from the drum-tracking sessions.
On July 13, BURDEN OF GRIEF's debut album, "Haunting Requiems", was re-released by the Polish label Metal Mind Productions. This remastered re-release comes in a limited, hand-numbered digipack with a new 16-page booklet and four previously unreleased bonus tracks from the band's 1996 demo tape, "My Blood".
BURDEN OF GRIEF released its fourth full-length album, "Death End Road", in March 2007 via Remedy Records. The follow-up to 2004's "Fields of Salvation" was recorded at Krachgarten Tonstudio in Kassel, Germany and was mixed at Jailhouse Studios in Denmark with producer Tommy Hansen (HELLOWEEN, PRETTY MAIDS, HATESPHERE).