Legedary British rockers UFO have issued the following update:
"2009 is shaping up to be a busy time for UFO, what with the studio sessions in Germany (where we're recording the new album, due out later this year), and also the forthcoming tours and festival shows which are being booked right now. But amidst all the good news, we also need to share some other news with you. For a while now, Pete [Way, bass] has been dealing with a medical condition which affects his liver, and he's currently undergoing treatment to cure it. The medication he's on makes him tired and dizzy, and he feels that taking part in the recording sessions and the hectic touring schedule would be too much for him at the moment, so he'll be taking some time out from UFO until he is match-fit. But, as we all know with Pete, he won't be able to stay away from rock n' roll for long — so it's very likely that he'll be doing a few gigs here and there with WAYSTED. We all wish him the very best and hope for a swift and full recovery. We love ya, Pete! Get well soon, man."
The most recent batch of UFO remasters from EMI was released on January 19, 2009. The albums contain the following bonus tracks:
"No Place To Run":
* Gone In The Night (alternate version) (previously unreleased)
* Lettin' Go (Recorded at the Marquee, London 16/11/80) (previously unreleased)
* Mystery Train (Recorded at the Marquee, London 16/11/80) (previously unreleased)
* No Place To Run (recorded at the Marquee, London 15/11/80) (previously unreleased)
"The Wild, The Willing And The Innocent":
* Long Gone (recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London 29/01/81) (previously unreleased)
* Lonely Heart (recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London 29/01/81) (previously unreleased)
* Makin’ Moves (recorded at the Marquee, London 15/11/80) (previously unreleased)
* Heel Of A Stranger (non-album B-side of the Chrysalis 45 "Let It Rain")
* Doing It All For You (recorded during soundcheck, Birmingham Odeon, 26/03/83) (previously unreleased)
* We Belong To The Night (recorded at Oxford 25/03/83) (previously unreleased)
* Let It Rain (recorded at Oxford 25/03/83) (previously unreleased)
EMI last year reissued UFO's first three Chrysalis albums — "Phenomenon", "No Heavy Petting" and "Force It" — featuring a number of bonus tracks.
UFO's latest CD, "The Monkey Puzzle", came out in September 2006 via SPV Records. The follow-up to 2004's "You Are Here" was recorded at Area 51 Studios with producer Tommy Newton, who also worked with the band on their prior album and who recorded the material for the band's "Showtime" live CD.