Simmons Records/Sanctuary Music Group has pushed back the release date of KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons' highly anticipated sophomore solo album, "Asshole", to June 8 from the previously announced May 18 (and before that April 20).
If you're in the Los Angeles area and would like be the first to be officially certified by Simmons as an "asshole", please apply to LosAngelesAsshole@sanctuarygroup.com. 20 winners will be chosen at random to be the first to attend the "world premiere" of "Asshole" at the Key Club in Los Angeles on April 22. Party is by exclusive invitation only.
Like Gene's 1978 self-titled solo album, "Asshole" features a number of outside songwriting contributions and guest appearances. Bob Dylan and Gene co-wrote the album's "Waiting For The Morning Light". Frank Zappa and Gene share co-writing credit on "Black Tongue" and the Zappa Family, Dweezil, Ahmet, Moon, Gail and Frank Zappa himself sing and play guitar on the song. Other guests featured on the album include Dave Navarro, ex-KISS members Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer, new Simmons Records/Sanctuary Music Group signing BAG, as well as Gene's longtime live-in Shannon Tweed and their two children, Sophie and Nicholas.
Track listing is as follows:
01. Sweet And Dirty Love (Simmons)
02. Firestarter (Prodigy)
03. Weapons (Simmons)
04. Waiting For The Morning Light (Simmons/Dylan)
05. Beautiful (Singh/Addison)
06. Asshole (Tolstrup)
07. Now That You're Gone (Simmons/Kulick)
08. Whatever Turns You On (Williams/Simmons)
09. Dog (Bag/Simmons)
10. Black Tongue (Simmons/Zappa)
11. Carnival Of Souls (Simmons/Van Zen)
12. If I Had A Gun (Bag/Simmons)
13. I Dream 1,000 Dreams (Simmons)
The Japanese version will include two additional songs:
14. Everybody Knows (Simmons)
15. You're My Reason For Living (Simmons)
The first single from the album will be Gene's cover of PRODIGY's "Firestarter", for which a video was shot last weekend in Los Angeles with directors Mark Klasfeld and Tony Perossian.